1. The competition is open to any playwright, and there is no limit to the number of entries submitted by a single playwright. There is no entry fee.
2. Entries must be original plays or musicals. They also may be co-authored, based upon factual material or an adaptation. The applicant must be the owner and controller of the copyright. The legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
3. Works previously produced or published or entered in prior competitions are ineligible.
4. No written or oral critique will be given on plays submitted.
5. Entries may be submitted starting July 1, 2013 and must be received no later than December 15, 2013 to be considered.
6. There are separate categories for full-length plays and one-act plays. One winning full-length play will receive a cash prize of $750. One winning play in the one-act category will receive a cash prize of $250. Winning plays will be announced in February 2014. Winning plays and others chosen for honorable mention will be featured in a public reading in March or April 2014. Winning plays will be shopped to various theater companies to secure a staged reading/workshop and eventual full production, although production is not guaranteed.
reserves the right to accept or reject any play entered in the contest. Love NY
8. Works that are deemed by the judging panel to foment homo-, bi- or transphobia, misogyny/misandry, rape culture, or hatred toward specific groups of people will be rejected. Playwrights are also encouraged to think beyond cisgender/heteronormativity and binary gender, although this is not a requirement.
9. Scripts must be submitted electronically either in PDF or Microsoft Word format. A synopsis of the play (100-word limit) and author’s bio (100-word limit) must also be submitted, both in Word format.
10. All entries and questions/inquiries should be emailed to Mischa Lin, Producer, at email@example.com