Monday, December 2, 2013

Modern Family in the New York Times

There's only 13 days left until the deadline for entries, and they are coming in fast and furiously (RIP Paul Walker). We are looking forward to reading lots of plays over the holiday break!

Today, there was an amazing article in the New York Times written by actress Maria Bello - "Coming Out as a Modern Family." In it she describes how she came to realize that her relationships with a man, a woman and her son have become her own version of family, even though it doesn't conform to the traditional family model.

The last part of the story sums up what this competition is all about:
"Whomever I love, however I love them, whether they sleep in my bed or not, or whether I do homework with them or share a child with them, “love is love.” And I love our modern family. Maybe, in the end, a modern family is just a more honest family."

No comments:

Post a Comment